Thursday, May 4, 2017

Risk: The Game of Champions


Photo Credit: Parker Bros and Hasbro

I gathered my plastic pieces and lined them up on the outskirts of Earth's atmosphere. My eyes looked upon the face of the continents as I imagined the whole world being mine. Two other armies entered the battle plans, as they dropped soldiers down on different countries one by one. Finally, my turn came.
I chose the eastern United States. My soldier knew the land and settled down. He knew what he must do. After time passed the whole world was covered in three dictator's military. The green armies were steadily taking over Asia and Australia, but one man stood in Japan, waiting for his chance to spread his influence across the known world. Sadly, he never got that chance.
Other Asian countries got involved and gathered a plastic platoon to attack the island. My man was brave. He fended off a few, leaving them in melted heaps as he fired upon them from across the ocean. He called on the help of Godzilla continuously as he rolled the faithful white die of defense. Suddenly, as the block of fate turned, he realized something dreadful. The number on it was low...too low. With a miniscule scream he collapsed to the dirt, and other armies traveled across the blue dotted line bridge to take over the one Asian country my red army had.
I slammed my fist in frustration as I looked in the eyes of my two worthy opponents. This...means...war. The next person took Africa and South America from me in one turn. Even though my men fought valiantly, the yellow invaders took over with a fierce aggression rarely seen in the world of toys.
After minutes passed like hours, it was my turn. With a swift look of the board, I strategically placed my allotted men. They quickly entered earth's atmosphere and landed in North America. I knew one thing was certain. They may be able to take Japan, Africa, and South America from me...but no one would take AMERICA.
With all of my might I rolled the dice with strategic aggression. Some people say that my armies won over North America by luck, but I believe that my pure strategic mind won the battle. I had been trained in dice rolling for years in the military academy, and the subtle nuances to me had become standard practice. Each flick of the wrist was a calculated effort to bring up the highest possible number...the elusive 6.
Within minutes my powerful army had taken over all of North America, and I celebrated. America was mine. Many turns passed after that, with the yellow and green armies battling it out for superiority on the planet. My men just chilled in America, watching the war unfold. I knew that America would not be taken by the men of yellow and green militaristic disposition.
Finally, the universe was about to end. The apocalypse drew near. All light started to slowly fade as we decided to end the war. A smile crept across my face as I looked at the final state of the world. The green men had taken over almost all of the world, with the yellow invaders holding onto South America. I only cared about one thing.
Friend: "Well I guess we will have to call a truce, we must leave now."
Friend 2: "Who won?"
I looked at them and smirked....
Me: "America won!!! Oh YEAHHHHHHH!!!!"
I recommend playing Risk to anyone who likes to conquer the world and kill your friends...ok that sounds a little more morbid than I intended...:P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *