Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Keeping eBay at Bay

Photo Credit: www.ebay.com

The computer screen lights up as my eyes focus intently on the numbers in front of me. Hmm, that is too expensive, must scroll down. Images of xbox games slide up my screen, begging me to buy them with red numbers ticking down the seconds till their departure. This is probably the last thing I'll buy, I think to myself as I look through the page.
Nothing seems worth my money. All of these deals scream for my attention like a marketplace behind the portal of power. The ability to buy anything is at my fingertips, bound only by the competing will of other similarly minded buyers, and by my own healthy intuition.
I could sit here for hours, panning through the deals, telling myself that there is always something better within the next ten minutes with which to spend my hard earned money. But the truth is, I'll never know. Sometimes you got to dive in and take a chance.
After a month of scrolling through hundreds of deals, I think I am done with diving for now. My eyes are sore from the computational chloride of the power pool, and my arms are sore from reaching for my wallet so much.
Admittedly I had a great time on this wonderful eBay shopping spree, but like all great things that are not tied to emotional commitments or personal passion, it must end. Through this time, I have learned that anything can be bought on eBay at a cheap price, and that I have a great job with which to pay for these things, but now I realize something else that is more important. I don't NEED any of these things to be satisfied with my life.
This eBay shopping spree was not a way to make me feel like life was worth living. It just accentuated my already pleasurable state of mind. Every item I bidded on has been a blast to experience, and no purchase has made me question why I spent the money.
Every purchase was worth the it, but I also believe in balance. So, even though I enjoy cruising through the deals, I think I will put some breaks on the car for now, take a deep breath, and enjoy every game, gadget, and gizmo I bought off of eBay before jumping back in.
Therefore, I must say good bye to the good ol' eBay for now. It was fun while it lasted, but now is the perfect time to stop my eBay buying spree, and enjoy the things I have purchased before proceeding further into the pool of payment and pleasure.
I regret nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *